Clutch Gaming’s Next Best Caster Competition
Who Will Be North America's Next Best Caster?
Clutch Gaming is excited to announce a new competition for aspiring League of Legends shoutcasters during this 2018 NALCS Summer Split: Clutch Gaming's Next Best Caster. Our goal is to give League of Legends fans an opportunity to become a professional caster through winning this competition. There will be a series of Clutch Gaming Academy games casted by you, the fans, and after multipile rounds, a final two casters will be chosen as winners. The initial cut will be made by the Clutch Gaming staff, but everything after that will be voted on by the fans. For submissions, there are three categories of caster: color, play by play, and solo. So whether you bring flavor, analytical commentary, or you can do it all, feel free to submit a demo cast.
There will be many prizes given out, with certain tiers of prizes for all submissions, the top 8, the top 4, and the final 2. These prizes include peripherals, Clutch Gaming gear, and for the two winners, a chance to cast our Thursday Night Academy matches. Top 2 winners will receive a Corsair Prize Pack and the chance to cast a Clutch Gaming Academy Match!
Top 2 Will Win:
- The Chance To Cast Future Clutch Gaming Academy Matches
- Corsair Void PRO Headset
- Corsair GLAIVE RG Gamming Mouse
- Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard
- Clutch Gaming Jersey
Top 4 Will Win:
- Corsair PRO Headset
- Corsair GLAIVE RGB Gaming Mouse
- Clutch Gaming Jersey
Top 8 Will Win:
- Corsair Void PRO Headset
The following is a detailed schedule of the competition:
- Thursday, June 14: The week 1 academy game is streamed with Clutch Gaming providing casters, and a VOD will be posted for you to cast over
- Thursday, June 21: The week 2 academy game is streamed with Clutch Gaming providing casters, and a VOD will be posted for you to cast over
- Friday, June 22: All initial submissions due
- Wednesday, June 27: We will announce the top 8 casters and their first cast partner for week 4 (weeks 3-5 are practice cast weeks)
- Thursday, June 28: The week 3 academy game is streamed with live casting by the top 8
- Wednesday, July 11: We will announce the duos for week 4's casts
- Thursday, July 12: The week 4 academy game is streamed with live casting by the top 8
- Wednesday, July 18: We will announce the duos for week 5's casts
- Thursday, July 19: The week 5 academy game is streamed with live casting by the top 8
- Wednesday, July 25: We will announce the duos for week 6's casts (the first week with fan voting and elimination)
- Thursday, July 26: The week 6 academy game is streamed with live casting by the top 8
- Tuesday, July 31: Week 6 voting ends
- Wednesday, August 1: We will announce the top 4 and the duos for week 7
- Thursday, August 2: The week 7 academy game is streamed with live casting by the top 4
- Tuesday, August 7: Week 7 voting ends
- Wednesday, August 8: We will announce the two winners
- Thursday, August 9: The week 8 academy game is streamed with live casting by the two winners
For the initial submissions, all competitors will cast either their choice of high ELO soloqueue game, any previously recorded cast, or one of Clutch Gaming Academy's summer split games from weeks 1-2. Recordings of these games will be posted on YouTube with links to them on Clutch Gaming's social media. Do not worry if you do not have a duo partner to cast with even if you are not a solo caster. That will be taken into consideration during our initial internal voting process.
To record your initial submission, it can be as simple as recording a voice memo on your phone, laying that audio over the video of our game, and uploading that video as an unlisted YouTube video. Then, email a link to the video to firstname.lastname@example.org with your caster name, what type of caster you are submitting as (color, play by play, or solo), and a brief bio of yourself as a caster.
All of the initial casting submissions will be run through an internal selection process with the Clutch Gaming staff, who will select the top 8 submissions. These top 8 casters will then go on to the next few weeks of practice casts.
The next three weeks (weeks 3-5) will be practice casts in which we will randomly pair the final 8 up with each other in four duo casts. There is no voting or elimination during these weeks. They are just so the top 8 may get used to casting alongside another caster. Further information as to how you will go about recording and streaming these practice casts will be provided in further updates.
For the remainder of the competition, the fans will vote. There will be links to voting websites where the fans vote on their two favorite casters of the week. Also, so that you don't have to watch the full casts, there will be a highlight video created for each game's casts with the voting links in the video descriptions. Out of the top 8, the 4 with the most votes from week 6 (the first week of voting) will proceed to week 7. Then, from the top 4, the two casters with the most week 7 votes will be selected as winners. The two winners will then cast Clutch Gaming's week 8 academy game together.
By entering this competition, you give consent to Clutch Gaming to use your submitted content in videos and other Clutch Gaming content.
Thanks and happy casting!